The National Leader of the All progressives Congress, Bola Tinubu has made public his intention to contest in the 2023 presidential election.
According to him, he went to the Aso Villa on Monday to inform President Muhammadu Buhari of his intention to contest the presidential election in 2023.
Cornelius Ojelabi, the Chairman-elect of the APC in Lagos State, said Tinubu’s move was the right thing to do. In a statement he signed, Ojelabi said the move was a thing Tinubu’s political family had been expecting for long, NAN reports. “Informing the President of his intention is the right thing to do.
“Having informed him officially, now he can then intensify his consultations across the country,”
He said. Ojelabi noted that Tinubu had paid his dues and no one was more qualified than him to take over leadership at the expiration of Buhari’s tenure in 2023. According to him, the teeming followers of Tinubu and members of the ruling party across the length and breadth of the country and in the Diaspora were elated with the new development.
The former Lagos State Governor yesterday said he had informed the President of his decision to run for the presidency in 2023. He disclosed this after his meeting with Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja. Tinubu vowed to continue consultations despite informing Buhari of his presidential ambition.